Welcome to the Manx Bat Group website – the place for all things batty on the Isle of Man.
The Manx Bat Group brings together volunteers from across the Isle of Man interested in the conservation of Manx bats. We are a registered charity (no. 443) and are a Partner Member of the Bat Conservation Trust.
What does the Bat Group do?
- Monthly member meetings on bat-related topics and field visits in summer.
- Regular public bat walks throughout the summer to see bats around the Island.
- Bat surveys of properties subject to planning applications.
- Advice and information about Manx bats.
- Database of bat and roost records for the Island.
- Care and release of injured and grounded bats.
- Bat awareness-raising and education events.
Have you seen bats or a bat roost? Tell us about it by completing our record form.
Next members' meeting
Our next members' meeting is on Wednesday 13 July 2016 to do a roost count in Colby. Please meet early for discussion on group matters at the Colby Glen pub at 8pm (roost count 9.45pm). Contact Nick Pinder for more information.
If you're not yet a member but would like to come along, please get in touch to find out how you can join, or download a membership form here.
A message from Chris Packham
"Bats are an important indication of our landscape's health and intrinsically fascinating creatures. They need looking after and I would urge you to get to know your bats better! The Manx Bat Group are the best way to do this, so try to get involved in 2015."