Welcome to the Manx Bat Group website – the place for all things batty on the Isle of Man.
The Manx Bat Group brings together volunteers from across the Isle of Man interested in the conservation of Manx bats. We are a registered charity (no. 443) and are affiliated to the Bat Conservation Trust.
What does the Bat Group do?
- Regular public bat walks throughout the summer to see bats around the Island.
- Bat surveys of properties subject to planning applications.
- Advice and information about Manx bats.
- Database of bat and roost records for the Island.
- Care and release of injured and grounded bats.
- Bat awareness-raising and education events.
Bat walks 2013
Everyone is invited to join us for some bat spotting on the following evenings (you don't need to be a Bat Group member, but can join on the night if you wish). Each walk will be led by an experienced Bat Group member, with a short introductory talk on bats. Bat detectors will be available on loan.
- 22nd June – 9.45pm Ballachurry Wetlands, Ballakillowey, Church Road, near Port Erin
- 20th July – 9.25pm Foxdale and Kionslieu reservoir, meet at west end of Archallagan plantation
- 24th August, International Bat Night – 8.20pm Union Mills and Snugborough, meet opposite the Spar shop